Burn care tips:
If you or your child is burned, call 911 to seek immediate medical attention.
To prevent a scald injury set the water heater temperature to 120 degrees F (48 degrees C.)
For flame burns, smother the flames. Stop, drop and roll.
- Cool the burn with cool water. NO ice.
- Remove affected clothing, jewelry, and shoes.
- Do not break any blisters until seen by a physician.
- Do not apply ointments or creams until seen by a physician.
- Cover the burn with a clean, dry dressing.
- Do not underestimate the severity of the burn.
- Get medical help IMMEDIATELY.
To learn more visit the Burn Awareness Page at Shriners.